We previously listed general benefits of marketing automation – now it's time to take a deeper look at the practical ways to use marketing automation in different situations.
Marketing automation is important for businesses and organizations of all kinds. Automating marketing can help SMEs get rid of much of the manual work in marketing and helps them run very targeted campaigns with fewer resources.
For larger corporations and brands marketing automation is essential due to challenges in strategizing complicated omnichannel marketing campaigns and handling large masses of customers in many different segments. Lead nurturing is typically important for companies of all sizes.
Let's take a look at four situations that show why marketing automation is important for different kinds of companies.
1. Case Hotel A: You have leads, but they are not converting
Hotel A is a chain of 3 hotels. They have a huge amount of leads, but trouble communicating to them and keeping them engaged in a way that they eventually make a purchase. They direct marketing towards their leads all the time, for instance with email marketing campaigns, but they don't really have any idea, what part of the purchase process the customers are at, or whether they are qualified leads to begin with.
Marketing automation is the perfect solution for helping customers move forward on their purchase process. With marketing automation tools you can clearly see the position of the leads on the digital customer journey and act on that. Automation gives you the opportunity to segment your leads based on which point of the buyer’s journey they currently are at, and direct them through the path toward a purchase decision by creating automated campaigns.
- A customer has made a reservation but has not paid yet → send a personalized triggered message to hasten the purchase.
- A user has subscribed to the newsletter → introduce the rooms and complementary services you offer.
- No activity on the hotel webpage for a long time → send out a miss you note with a 50% discount for the next booking.
2. Case Language School B: Leads are converting, but not engaging
Let's take an example of a privately run language school. They have a huge lead database, but no need to nurture them, and their online marketing is supported by offline activities.
They get a massive flow of new clients every autumn since the school has a special agreement with a local college providing a 50% discount for its students. This guarantees a stable stream of prospects that will be converted into loyal customers.
In this case, the challenge tackled by marketing automation is keeping the students (and perhaps alumni) active, engaged and up-to-date with what is going on. The benefits of marketing automation is that of reducing manual work and keeping the schedules organized.
- Scheduling drip campaigns with reminders for all the fall events of the school in one go.
- Reminding about important dates such as sign-up for next semester or exams by pre-scheduled text messages.
- Up-selling of related courses based on what course the student has purchased previously.
3. Case corporate C: You don’t know what leads to follow up with
Corporate C is a middle-sized software company with a small sales team. The team might waste a considerable amount of time on the leads that are not ready to buy, and the lead conversion has been down lately.
Marketing automation helps in determining the maturity and quality of the customer based on interaction with the company's digital marketing (email marketing, website, social media) and other sources (like CRM, booking system, event registration). This helps the sales team to focus on those leads that are most likely to convert to buying customers.
- Downloading a whitepaper → start a drip campaign introducing the products.
- Newsletter subscription → welcome by providing a 20% off coupon on your software.
- Making a purchase on your web store → send a thank you message and attach a guideline on how to start with the software.
4. Case Startup D: growing faster than your resources
Startup D is specialized in creating healthy snacks. D is conquering new markets, adding new product categories and reaching new customer segments every day. The marketing processes are becoming more and more complicated, and they are being run on different platforms, markets, and languages. Yet the company only has a small marketing team, and they are starting to have their hands full.
Marketing automation works well when resources are scarce and need to be concentrated on what is most important. Marketing automation removes manual work from many day-to-day marketing practices and lets the valuable few employees focus on the essentials. It will also scale up as your company grows.
- Eliminating the monotonous work of crafting the welcoming letters to new healthy conscious clients by using personalized automated emails.
- Excluding the need to thank a customer for a purchase manually by sending an automated thank you note.
- Providing tips on healthy lifestyle regularly by sending informative newsletters.
Interested in marketing automation?
At Liana Technologies we cater to any of your marketing needs regardless of your company’s size and industry. Need help with crafting stunning emails? LianaMailer is a modern and user-friendly tool for professional email marketing. When it comes to marketing automation, our solution for you is user-friendly LianaCEM software.
Contact us to find out more and to see how automation could be applied to your case.